Monday, September 21, 2009

Upcoming Movie: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

For those of you not in the know (which usually includes me), there is a new movie based off of a video game coming out May 2010. It is Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time and it is produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, the king of summer blockbusters – both on the big screen and on TV.

I haven’t seen a whole lot of the movie yet and I’ll post a link to the trailer when I am able to find a good quality trailer, but it stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Ben Kingsley, and semi-newcomer Gemma Arterton.

Adapted from the popular Prince of Persia series of video games. Jake Gyllenhaal stars as Dastan, a sixth century prince who with help from a princess named Tamina (Gemma Aterton) fights to prevent a villainous noble from possessing a talisman called the Sands of Time, which can reverse time and make him ruler of the world. – CinemaBlend.com

The thing that I think is weird is that Jake Gyllenhaal doesn’t look like a Persian whatsoever, even from the very few clips of the movie that I’ve seen! But nonetheless, I am excited about seeing this movie, mainly because it looks like it is going to be a usual Bruckheimer-backed, high-budget production, and it just so happens to come out the day after my birthday (a hint to my wife…).

Hopefully, this will be on the better end of the video game-turned movie spectrum and not anywhere near such flops as Double Dragon, Wing Commander and the worst of all – Super Mario Brothers.

Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to another Bruckheimer blockbuster like Pirates of the Carribean. Keep us posted on details.