Sunday, November 22, 2009

Top 20 List of Lists About Movies

I have just discovered Listverse the other night and while looking through the various lists, I realized how many dealt with fascinating aspects of movies. I have subsequently put together a list (in no particular order) of some of my favorite lists that are about movies in some way. I submitted it, but there is no guarantee that it will get published. Therefore, I am posting it here. Take that fancy websites!

Anyway, you can click on the title to open the link to the list. So enjoy and hopefully this doesn’t waste as much of your time as it did mine.

- Movie J

 

20. Top 10 Tragic Movie Set Deaths

From the more famous death of Brandon Lee in "The Crow" to the lesser known death of Paul Mantz in "The Flight of The Phoenix", this list reports on some of Hollywood's most tragic moments during filming.

 

19. 9 Great Historically Accurate Medieval Movies

For those who love historical accuracy in their movies, this list even gives links to Amazon.com to purchased the well-researched movies.

 

18. Top 10 Errors in Science Fiction Movies

I, for one, love to go to IMDB and read about all the goofs and errors in movies and science fiction is full of them. Everything from sounds in space to humanoid alien species is on this list for the enjoyment of sci-fi lovers.

 

17. 10 Movies That Are So Bad They Are Good

Now, I've only heard of a few of these movies, and haven't seen a single one, so I'll have to take the author's word on how "good" they are, but it is an interesting list of some obscure movies.

 

16. 10 Of The Best In Hollywood Who Never Won An Oscar

There are quite a few people on this list that really surprised me (including those in the "Notable omissions" footnote). This is just proof at how the Academy is as fallible as a drunken sailor on leave.

 

15. Top 10 Most Controversial Religious Movies

Religion is a touchy subject for many people around the world and those who mess with religion can often be retaliated against. This is a list of films that have gotten quite a bit of flack for their religious views, jabbings, factual errors and propaganda.

 

14. Top 15 Great Movie Twists

Not surprisingly, this list is somewhat dominated by movies from M. Night Shyamalan, who is known for his incredible plot twists.

 

13. Top 10 Badass Women in Movies

The most hardcore women of the movies now have a spot in Listverse history. Whether you think these movies are good or not, you can't deny that these women kick some booty.

 

12. Top 10 Christmas Horror Movies

Most of the movies featured on this list are B-list movies, but they all try to combine one of the all-time favorite holidays, Christmas, with one of the all-time cheesiest movie genres, the horror flick.

 

11. Top 10 Amazing Film Swordfights

I am a fan of swordfighting far more than I am a fan of gunfights and this list is right down my alley. Covering a good sampling of movie history, this is the perfect list for the wanna-be swashbuckler.

 

10. 10 Incredibly Memorable Movie Quotes

Although I haven't heard most of these used in any conversation I've had, this list-maker does include which "aspect of society and the human condition" that each quote deals with. I found it pretty interesting.

 

09. 10 More Incredibly Bizarre Movies

This is another list of obscure movies that I have not seen personally, but I have heard of most of them. From the plot descriptions and the weirdest moments, these movies are very low on my "to see" list.

 

08. Top 10 Movie Clichés

How many times have we seen these clichés in movies? Then again, how many times have we seen lists and articles about these same clichés? Makes you wonder...

 

07. Top 15 Best Movie Sequels

Another list that I don't 100% agree to, but it is still interesting to see what other people think of as "best". You're probably thinking that about my list now, aren't you?

 

06. Top 10 Movie Sound Effects We All Recognize

Sound effects are something we usually don't think of unless they seem odd or out of place, however, without sound effects, movies would not be as convincing.

 

05. Top 15 Amazing Movie Endings

This is actually a list that I feel is quite accurate, at least in my personal opinion. I mean, more could be added, but for a short, 15 movie list, it's pretty good. Be careful, because it's basically a list of spoilers.

 

04. Top 10 Movie Shootouts

Like this list says, everyone likes a good shootout and this list contains at least a couple of my favorite movies, so I will, in turn, add it to my list.

 

03. Top 10 Best of the Best in Movies

This list goes down the line of the best of each aspect of film making, from the best director to the best special effects supervisor. I don't exactly agree with the list 100%, it is interesting nonetheless.

 

02. Top 10 Badass Movie Villains

Villains have been fan favorites since they first appeared in stories all over the world. The antagonist is what makes the hero, well, the hero. Without darkness, there is no light they say.

 

01. Top 10 Overrated Movies

I wanted to try and find a list with the top superheroes or movie heroes in general, but I got bored when I couldn't find one in the first three search pages. However, I did find this list which is pretty funny in that a lot of it is true.

 

Bookmark and Share 

No comments: